Derry City and Strabane District Council and the FTDC have teamed up with Fashion Enter London, to kickstart the Designer Business Start Up Programme. This programme has been designed to support 'up and coming' designers, taking them commercially to market through a series of workshops led by industry experts, covering topics including:
- The design process, fabric sourcing and product development
- Sourcing the right manufacturer
- Legal and finance
- The sampling and production process
- What makes a successful brand
- PR, marketing and branding
"The aim of the programme is to provide specially tailored business support packages which will equip local designers with the essential knowledge and tools that they need to develop their business infrastructure and growth strategies." Jenny Holloway CEO Fashion Enter.
Designers are being asked to put their pitch to the panel made up of UK industry buyers, designers and manufacturers to be in with a chance to win a range of prizes including:
- 1:1 specialist support with the team at Fashion Enter London
- The opportunity to showcase products at an exclusive FEL exhibition taking place during London Fashion Week
- Free membership with the Fashion & Textile Design Centre Derry~Londonderry
- Designers with the ability to demonstrate creative talent and scale may have the opportunity to retail their collections at an elite Box Park development in London
The application process closes on 18th December 2017, when 15 of the applicants will then be selected to pitch their business plan to the panel of experts.
10 winners will then be selected to avail of the above prizes.
T & C's - applicants must:
be relatively new to the industry and demonstrate drive and entrepreneurial flair to match their creative talen and potential for growth.
reside or have a business established within Derry City and Strabane District council
be available on 9th January 2018 to pitch to the panel and then on the dates confirmed for the 1:1 support and London fashion Week
For enquiry's, please contact Deirdre Williams at the FTDC via email@example.com or on mobile 07807795889